As a Jackson Lake LIFER, I asked my Lake friends from Atlanta, Marietta, Sandy Springs, and Buckhead why they love coming to their “place” on Jackson Lake.
- Escape from the city and traffic. My good friend who works in the Perimeter Mall area left the office at 4 pm on Thursday an was on the Lake in 71 minutes. He said to me: “How can THIS only be an hour away from THAT? Why do I need to go to the beach 6 -8 hours away when this is here? We are here for the sunset on Thursday and work from the lake Friday & Monday then go against the traffic Monday evening back to the city. Four days on the lake almost every week is great!”
- Cost of homes; more for money. Even though Jackson Lake has been around for over 100 years, many in the metro area have never heard of Jackson Lake. This is why, on average, homes on Jackson Lake cost a fraction of similar homes on Lanier, Burton, Rabun, Allatoona, etc.
- Tranquil Setting. Even though the lake is relatively busy on Summer weekends, the weekdays in Summer and all of Fall, Winter & Spring are amazingly peaceful. Other than the occasional bass boat, most boaters are cruising and relaxing.
- True Southern Charm. Neighborly, like-minded lake homeowners abound. You can always count on help if you need it and respect for your privacy if desired.
- Dramatic sunsets, bonfires, lazy dock fishing and night swims with friends are just a few favorite activities enjoyed at the lake. The only reminder of civilization may be the lights on a jet soaring 30,000 feet above.
- No large boats are allowed on Jackson Lake. Boats with heads or galleys are not allowed. This means no houseboats and more importantly, no huge wakes from plowing mini- yachts. We really are spoiled on Jackson Lake.
- Lots of extra activities: kayaking the Ocmulgee River, Road cycling on country roads, two local state parks, National Forests, and Tanger Mall 15 minutes away for those who just have to buy something. See my site for all the activities around the lake.
- So close…yet so far from the city. OK, I’m repeating a little here. ATL airport 40 minutes. Downtown in an hour. Once you discover this place…you may never want to leave. (Atlanta will still be there if you need it)
- Lake home investment. With CD rates close to zero and the stock market volatility, many are repositioning some investment dollars into something they can actually enjoy…a Lake Home. No guarantees, but this investment has worked well for many on this lake.
- Pets love the lake. It seems that most of our ATL neighbors have house dogs. Suddenly, when they get to the lake the become these energetic swimming water dogs….go figure.
- Wear out the kids! Swim, ski, wakeboard, walk trails, look for arrowheads, canoe, paddle boat and yes… EAT & EAT. What a great place to create memories, teach lessons, build self-esteem, respect, graciousness, learn water safety and teamwork. Pretty good for a day at the lake.
OK, 11 reasons.
Take a minute and let us know why you love Jackson Lake!
WALLY CAWTHON, REALTOR®